Crow’s feet are the pesky lines and wrinkles that form at the corner of the eyes. These are caused by continued sun exposure and the breakdown of collagen and elastin. To help combat and prevent crow’s feet, it is essential to follow a skin care routine daily. Here are some tips to help guide you.
- Doing some easy at-home exercises such as microneedling and gua sha will help, but the key is to be consistent 2-3 times per week.
- Microcurrent Therapy is a great treatment to start with as a more natural way to combat those lines and wrinkles.
- Wearing a zinc-based SPF daily is crucial to prevent UV damage and protect the skin.
- Wearing sunglasses can help lessen squinting, which in turn, prevents those small lines from forming around your eyes.
Look for these Ingredients to help combat crows feet:
- Hyaluronic acid and collagen make up two main components of the skin that are key to retaining moisture. When used together they promote cellular renewal by increasing fibroblast production. They provide comparable results to the more invasive options involving injections.
- Antioxidants are a key ingredient when it comes to anti-aging and protection from photo-aging.
- Look for products that have antioxidant properties, such as raspberry seed and olive leaf to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- A micro-encapsulated trans retinol eye cream (with at least 2% concentration) This will help rebuild collagen and begin to diminish the signs of aging around the eyes. Client favorite is iS Clinical Youth Eye Complex.
- Neuropeptides help keep the skin surface appearing relaxed and free of expression lines